Coronavirus update – 15/03/2020
Dear Members &.Guests
As you would be aware, significant concern remains about the spread and potential spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the implications that this might hold.
For members who have planned trips overseas, it should be noted that the Government has recommended against travelling to mainland China, Iran, South Korea at the current time. With the virus now spreading through other countries in Europe and Asia, each family w
ill need to consider the risk factors for themselves and any potential quarantine situation that may arise.
For those who experience flu-like symptoms AND have recently travelled to affected regions, or had close contact with a confirmed case please seek medical advice. The DHHS advise to call ahead to notify the medical practitioner of symptoms and or recent travel or exposure.
Staff, member and visitor safety is of the utmost importance, so we ask anyone who is symptomatic or been in contact with a symptomatic person, to refrain from coming to the club at this time.
We ask that you please reinforce to family and friends the importance of practising good hand and respiratory hygiene as outlined below:
• Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
• Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
Detailed information regarding the coronavirus can be found on the following websites:
• Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
• Australian Government Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
• Australian Government Smart Traveller website: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19
Our member clubs are working with their respective regulatory bodies about what impact COVID-19 will have on the upcoming seasons and this information will be relayed once known.
Yours in Sport
HCSC Board of Directors & Management